The United States Tennis Association (USTA), a not-for-profit organization in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, is the national governing body of the sport of tennis in the United States. USTA Middle States (MS) is one of seventeen sections, comprising the geographic areas of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey (exclusive of a 35 mile radius around NYC) and northwestern West Virginia.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR | Reports to Senior Director of Communications and Marketing
Market our tennis product by developing and implementing marketing campaigns through a communication pathway. The focus will include content management, social media strategy and delivery, and development of marketing resources.
- Create an awareness and interest in tennis programs, and ensure the successful implementation of marketing through online outlets.
- Manage the content of the USTA MS section’s website presence on usta.com.
- Publicize website and blog content to internal and external customers with the design and distribution of bi-monthly e-messaging, connecting with our six district representatives.
- Coordinate all social media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and assist in contributions to the MS Blog.
- Create graphics required for web site, online advertising and social media.
- Strategize with and educate staff and volunteers on related marketing projects.
- Assist in the creation of collateral materials for promotion of USTA programs and Middle States events including the Middle States Awards and Hall of Fame, and in the content for NetPlay magazine.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of webinars for all departments
- Manage resource inventory and develop creative means of distribution.
- Promote USTA MS events, programs and membership through presence at events.
- Work with the USTA national marketing department on initiatives as assigned and serve as liaison to the national Awards Committee.
- Support and mentor interns.
- Serve as staff liaison to Middle States Committees as assigned.
- Serve as a department liaison for the Middle States CTDW.
- Support other project initiatives as required.
- Knowledge of USTA programs and tennis background preferred.
- Excellent graphic design and marketing skills, and experience in successful implementation.
- Self-motivation and the ability to understand our customers and market trends.
- College degree required. At least three years experience with exposure to content management and digital media related discipline.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs and consumer level applications.
- Experience with both PC and Macintosh computer technology programs and with photography / video editing skills
- High energy and enthusiasm with experience working in a team environment.
Full-time exempt staff member based in the USTA Middle States office in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Seasonal evening and weekend work required.
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com by March 24.
NET GENERATION/YOUTH COORDINATOR | Reports to Associate Executive Director
To manage/coordinate the promotion and implementation of Net Generation, USTA School Tennis, and Community Tennis Association development for the section. To provide support to the community development department and administrative assistance as needed.
- In conjunction with the Associate Executive Director, coordinate and oversee implementation and promotion of Net Generation youth brand to local tennis providers, teaching professionals, community based organizations, staff, and volunteers.
- Coordinate and oversee the USTA School Tennis program within the section.
a. Promote follow-up tennis programming such as Kids' Clubs, Junior Team Tennis and entry level tournaments in conjunction with P.E. tennis.
b. Communicate National & Sect6ion practices, guidelines, processes to TSRs working with local school programs and contacts.
c. Oversee and maintain the USTA School Tennis initiative including distribution of resources and reporting on the status of physical education, extracurricular and No-Cut Tennis programs.
d. Collaborate with school tennis consultant, section school tennis committee and marketing/communications staff to successfully expand our outreach to more districts and schools across the section.
e. Serve as the point person for the Section AAHPERD with responsibilites for organizing interactive booth space, recruiting an event team and providing support for USTA sponsored functions.
- Assist the Associate Executive Director and Tennis Service Representatives with general and special projects as needed. This will include supporting current tennis programs and working in conjunction with the programming staff to expand existing community programs.
- Coordinate and oversee Community Tennis Association initiative for section.
a. Annual registration/renewal process and general correspondence.
b. Plan, develop and organize USTA Middle States Community Tennis Development Workshop, training manuals, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials geared towards better educating community based organizations such as CTAs and NJTL chapters about USTA programs and resources.
c. Create CTA sustainability program identifying additional funding sources, grant writing tips, developing fundraisers and maintaining and expanding their board and volunteer networks. As well as coordinate, integrate and instill best practices for CTAs.
d. Work with CTAs and NJTLs to establish corporate partnerships with the Boys and Girls Clubs, Boys and Girls Scouts and local PAL associations.
e. Communicate National and Section programs and resources to TSRs working with local CTAs.
- Work with marketing/communications staff to successfully market Net Generation, School Tennis, Play Days, Kids' Clubs, CTA materials in section via resource development, accurate and updated website information, NetPLAY, e-newsletter, direct mail, etc.
- In conjunction with the Senior Diversity Manager, manage section community development grant process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and management skills required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Customer service skills and ability to work with volunteers.
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well with others and as a team leader.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of USTA MS programs and tennis background preferred.
- College degree required with minimum 2 years industry/business experience, especially experience working with volunteers and volunteer organizations.
Full-time exempt staff member based in the USTA MS office. Evening and weekend work required. Attend meetings, events and workshops as required.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17.
Openings with Middle States Providers and Facilities
Tennis Professional | Bryn Mawr Delaware Valley Tennis
Delaware Valley Tennis Academy is looking for Tennis Professionals to join their Tennis Academy. Wages start at $30-35/hour. Health benefits and retirement are included. Please send resume to email@example.com.