Communications / Marketing Interns
Now accepting for SUMMER 2014 - DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 4, 2014
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) Middle States section, based in Valley Forge, Pa., is looking for Communications/Marketing interns. Interns in this position work closely with the Communications and Marketing team to develop and execute projects involving general communications, public and media relations, print and online publications, and advertising.
In addition to assisting with a variety of marketing projects, interns will also work with project management and planning, and will do feature and PR writing on a daily basis. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with both pro and recreational tennis, and will be exposed to all areas of tennis-related marketing and communications within Middle States. This includes event planning and execution, and the creative process. There is also the chance that feature writing will be published at the national level. Students are encouraged to use the internship for college credit.
- Graphic design - assist in the processes of creating original marketing materials, including photography and production
- Media - assist in strengthening media contacts and preparing press releases
- Publications - Assist in writing news and feature stories, utilizing interviews to collect data while also securing and producing advertising
- Database management
- Events Management - Assist with event planning of Middle States sponsored events
- Networking opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Current enrollment in a college or university, or recently graduated
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong interpersonal communications skills
Computer experience in Microsoft Office platform; interest in the Adobe Creative Suite
Interest in desktop publishing
Strong editing skills
Ability to keep deadlines and handle tasks responsibly
Ability to work independently
Ability to be flexible and adaptable to daily changing tasks
Interest in, and knowledge of, one or more of the following fields: journalism, mass communications, media management, marketing, advertising, public relations, publishing and sports management
• Candidate must be available for at least 20 hours per week, for a 10-week period.*
• Candidate must be available to work weekend events when needed.
• Candidate must have a valid driving license and reliable transportation.
• This is an unpaid internship. USTA Middle States will work with the college or university to provide course credit if needed; not mandatory.
*Hours per week and duration of internship are negotiable, for the right candidate, based on student's needs.
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Michael Gladysz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include "Intern Application" in the subject line. Application deadline is Feb. 4, 2013.